About 1v1 Soccer FC
1v1 Soccer FC was launched in 2000 and quickly establish itself as one of Canada's leading soccer development programs. We provide specialist soccer training for boys and girls of all abilities, ages 6 - 16+.
The program is led by Ian McClurg, a UEFA A licensed coach and former Toronto FC Academy and Ontario Provincial team staff coach.
The aim of 1v1 Soccer FC is to provide young Canadian players with soccer training experiences comparable with leading soccer nations.
Director of Coaching - Ian McClurg
Ian is a UEFA A licence certified coach - Europe's top coaching qualification. He also holds US and Canadian B license qualifications and is a former provincial team coach for Ontario. During his career, he has worked with 6 players from the current Men's U20 Canadian National team's pool of players and 7 players form the current Canadian Women's National Team.
Developing Better and Better Players ...and More and More of them!
Fundamental Principles for Success
- Teach players to Play the 1v1 Way! Skill + Creativity + Vision + Passion
- Prepare players individually to succeed at higher levels of the game
- Prepare young players for a life in football
- Establish formal pathways internationally for higher levels of play
- Assist players with consultation on pursuing US scholarship opportunities
- Play an exciting and entertaining brand of attacking football that reflects the skills developed in street soccer and Futsal
- Mentor our players in our core human values
Best Young People
Develop young people who understand the 1v1 Soccer FC DNA and are capable of developing and demonstration the following people qualities:
- Positive attitude
- Pride in what you do
- Desire to learn
- Love of the game
- Humble commitment to excellence
Fully leverage our partnership with Wolves FC in England in addition to over 14 years of studying and learning to provide our young players with dynamic and innovative solutions to player development.
Develop young champions who are hardworking, respectful, disciplined and relentless in their pursuit of excellence.
Our players will practice, prepare and perform within a progressive and age-appropriate learning model that will inspire them to achieve their full potential.